20 Feb Publications 2016 – 2017
Posted at 11:38h in Publications
- Li, Z., & Chiu, C.-C. (in press). Doctoral students’ attitudes and beliefs towards blended learning in an English as a foreign language (EFL) writing course. In K. Bailey, R. Damerow., & M. Carrier (Eds.). Digital language learning and teaching: Research, theory and practice. Routledge.
- O’Sullivan, K. (2017). Student leadership in sustainable development in a private university in the UAE – a case study. In Handbook of Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development in Higher Education, (ed. Walter Leal et al). Vol. 1, Ch. 13, 201-216. Berlin: Springer Press. DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-47868-5_13.
Book Translations (from English to Chinese)
- Liu, Q. (in press). Translation of ‘Writing instruction that works’ by Applebee, A. et al. Shanghai: Shanghai Education Publishing House.
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
- de Jong, E. J., Li, Z., Wu, C.-h., & Zafar, A. (in press). Language policy in multilingual contexts: Revisiting Ruiz’s “language-as-resource” orientation. Bilingual Research Journal. Anticipated publication date Fall 2016. (Note: Dr. de Jong is the current President of TESOL International)
- Hu, Y. (2016). A Longitudinal Study on the Extent of Mandarin Influence on the Acquisition of English. International Journal of Language Studies (IJLS). Vol. 10 No. 4: 59-76.
- Hu, Y. & Xu, S. (in press). A Preliminary Discussion on the Interactivity Research in the Environment of Web-based Instruction. Education Circle.
- Liu, L. (2016). The 1st-year Chinese undergraduates’ English learning transition: A qualitative case study of SUSTC. Journal of Guangdong Polytechnic Normal University (Forthcoming).
- Liu, L. (2016). A qualitative investigation into the learning outcome of using reading skill micro lectures in college English class. Journal of Higher Education, 34, pp. 70-73.
- Liu, L. (2016). Using generic inductive approach in qualitative educational research: A case study analysis. Journal of Education and Learning, 5:2, pp. 129-135.
- E. (2016, in press). A corpus-based study of The Translation of Point of View in four Chinese Translations of Hemingway’s The Old Man and the Sea, inTRAlineaSpecial Issue on Corpora and Literary Translation, University of Bologna, Italy.
- O’Sullivan, K. (2016). Implementing a strategic planning and management system at a private higher education institution in the Middle East: A balanced scorecard or a bewildering state of confusion? Management Education: An International Journal, 16(3), 1-11.
- O’Sullivan, K. (2016). Paternalistic university leadership in the UAE – its impact on management behavior. International Review of Social Sciences and Humanities, 11(1), 54-64. ISSN 2248–9010.
- O’Sullivan, K. (2016). Education quality in the UAE – factors in creating a knowledge-based economy. The International Journal of Research and Current Development (IJRCD), 2(1), 98-104.
- Xu, S. (2016). Language Socialization in a Single Mother/Daughter Naturally Occurring Conversation in China, Journal of Literature and Art Studies (Under review)
- Xu, S. (2016). A Discourse Analysis of Watching Sports-Related Program– a Multitasking Mother from Single-Mother Mommunity, Journal of Modern Education Review (Under review)
- Xu, S. (2016). Discursive Identity Construction in Two Divorced Mother-led Families in Contemporary China, The Creative Education, Special Issue on Gender and Education Research, (Under review)
- Liu, L. (2016). Exploring the teaching effect of inserting English reading skill micro lectures into the college English reading class: A case study of student feedback, EDULEARN16 Proceedings, Barcelona, Spain (pp.6676-6678; ISBN 978-84-608-8860-4)
- E. (2016). A Corpus Stylistics Study of the Mental Clauses and Speech and Thought Presentation of Gilbert’s (2006) Eat Pray Love. The Asian Conference on Language Learning 2016, Official Conference Proceedings, pp. 135 – 148, Japan: The International Academic Forum (IAFOR) 2016.