Dr. Lisha Liu holds a PhD in Education from UCL Institute of Education, UK; MSc in Educational Studies from the University of Oxford, UK; BEd in Educational Studies and BA in English from Beijing Normal University, China. Prior to joining SUSTC, she worked in both China and the UK in various roles, including: English/Chinese Teacher, Research Assistant, Data Analyst, and Assistant for Student Services.
- Liu, L (2015). A Comparative Study of the English Language Center Running Modes Based on College English Teaching, Survey of Education, 103, 99 -101. (Chinese).
- Liu, L (2015). How to Design an Educational Experiment: A case study of testing the teaching effects of college English critical reading, Education and Teaching Forum, 196, 258 -259. (Chinese).
- Liu, L (2014). Engagement in Learning on UK Full-time Taught Master’s Programmes: International students’ experiences, Scholars’ Press, Saarbrücken, Germany (ISBN: 978-3-639-71562-0).
- Liu, L (2014). An Investigation into John Locke’s Ideas of a Moral Man’s Education, Theory Research, 687, 184 -186. (Chinese).
- Liu, L (2012). An Overview of Development of Higher Education Access in China, Higher Education Studies, 2:2, 107-113.
- Liu, L (2011). Taught Master’s Students’ Curricular Engagement in the UK: A conceptual framework, Educate~: The Journal of Doctoral Research in Education, Kaleidoscope Special Issue 2011, 15-27.
Honors and awards:
- Winner the Third Prize in “The Art of Public Speaking” Micro-teaching Competition organized by Beijing Foreign Studies University & FLTRP.
- Postgraduate Student Grant for BERA 2012 Annual Conference (paper presentation).
- Annual Instrumental Bursary (Piano) at St Edmund Hall, University of Oxford, U.K.